Tuesday 11 August 2020

Let your hair down

Hello everyone,

welcome to my blog where today I have a mixed media project to share that I made for AALL & Create.

And here is how I made it:


First of all I removed the twine and hook at the top because I wanted it to stay clean. I then painted the heart with gesso and once dry I added modelling paste through this fab stencil by Olga Heldwein. 


Next I painted the heart with blue acrylic paint and when it had dried I used a piece of sandpaper to reveal the modelling paste again. I used Grunge Paste from PaperArtsy which is fabulous for sanding. 



Next I added stamping with these stamps but the pink text was not quite what I expected so I changed it again. You'll see that in the next photo. I also went around with brown ink and added white splatters. 




I used Distress Oxide ink for the pink stamping so was able to remove most of it with a baby wipe. I put some washi tape over the remnants and I liked that much better. 


Next  stamped the images I was going to use as a focal point and the sentiment. I decided the dog needed a crown. lol Just for the fun of it. 


Here you can see how I coloured them. I used my trusty Copic Markers for this. I then cut them out and went around the cut edges with a black marker so you don't see any white edges. 


I placed some more washi tape on the heart for them to stand on and them glued them in place.  Lastly I added the sentiment, some doodling and replaced the twine and hook. 



I have used the following AALL & Create materials:

Stamps: 

#380 - Rapunzel by Janet Klein
#373 - Rescue Puppies by Janet Klein
#366 - Roundly by Autour de Mwa
#338 - Background Noise by Janet Klein

Stencil:

#77 - Sunflower Power by Olga Heldwein

For more information about all the AALL & Create products and a complete list of international stockists, please visit:

www.aallandcreate.com/boutique

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 



1 comment:

  1. What a great project, Corrie - the idea of sanding down that modelling paste to reveal the pattern after painting is brilliant. Why didn't I think of that?!!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete