Monday 22 April 2019

Paint your own reality

Hello everyone, 

I was asked to make some samples for the Hochanda TV shows of AALL & Create on April 3rd and of course I made some. It is so exciting to see your samples on TV! 


I forgot to take WIP photos unfortunately but I'll try and explain here how I made this. This flag came from a pad full of flags. I just tore one out. I glued dictionary paper on it and then embossed it with Seth Apther's Vintage Beeswax Baked Texture embossing powder. I did two layers. I then inked the edges of the flag with brown Archival ink. 
Next I stencilled the blue circles on it using the Digital Bubbles stencil. I heated it again and the paint sort of goes into the embossing layer. 
I then stamped Frida and the sentiment, coloured Frida, cut her out and adhered her to the flag. I also inked up the word strips of the sentiment and glued them on too. 

I have used the following stamp:

#184 - Little Frida

Stencil:

#45 Digital bubbles


You'll find more information on the fab AALL & Create products here:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


4 comments:

  1. This is great! Congrats on the TV gig, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een gave vlag Corrie!! Mooi ook die Baked Texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great flag, Corrie - love the colour and layers of textural elements. That blue dress really pops on the brown tones!

    ReplyDelete