Thursday 6 August 2015

La dolce vita

Hello everyone,

Another not so nice day in the UK means I can do a little crafting. My supplies are limited as you can guess but it is still very enjoyable. I have made an art journal featuring a couple of Stampotique Stamps (Birdy up and La Dolce Vita) but I had to use a couple of different stamps for the background (Finnabair by Prima). I really enjoyed making this and that is the most important thing I think...

So here it is:


The colours are not entirely true as the background is a little greener in real life..


I started with painting the page with Dylusions 'Fresh Lime'. I then added some blue but had to use my Neocolors as I didn't bring my blue Dylusions paint. I then used a few stencils with black and white paint and some more Neocolors. I coloured the birds with Copic Markers and cut them out. (I brought a load of stamped images as I couldn't bring a lot of stamps). I cut out the sentiment.  After I splattered some white ink on the page I went looking for a bit of twine to sit my birds on and found it ! Yay... Everything was then assembled on the page.

Thank you so much for stopping by today !


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful as always, Corrie. I particularly love the little guy hanging up side down. :) How in the world are you so productive? I'm in awe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super mooi, grappig detail dat touwtje!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You enjoyed creating it and I certainly enjoyed looking at it.
    A fresh background, perfect for this funny little birdies. I love the joker in the pack, the one hanging upside down :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtige pagina!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, and again another fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That made me laugh out loud - your colouring of the images is great, and of course I love the colours themselves!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete