Wednesday 5 August 2015

Smile !

Hello everyone,

and happy Wednesday to you ! Another Challenge has been launched on the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog. Our hostess today is Claudine and she chose the theme "Photobomb" and this is what she said :

"We all know those crazy animals or people who make funny faces behind or in front of us while we are taking a photo or those who like to take photos of themselves. Well this challenge is all about that. I want to see those funny photo bomb projects or your best selfie.". 

I decided on an art journal page :




I started off with glueing Tim Holtz tissue paper on the page and covering it with gesso. I then painted over it with Distress Paint in the colour 'Broken China' and also some green acryllic 'Silk'. It has a bit of shimmer in it.. Next I used a PaperArtsy stencil and some model paste to put the arrows on the page. I then used some pigment powders and water to get some more definition around the arrows. I stamped the background randomly and then doodled a few lines around the page with a black marker.
I found an image of an iPhone, photographed it, adjusted the size and printed it.. I then stamped Twinkie, coloured him and cut him out. The Smile frame is a die that was given to me as a present by my lovely friend Nikki
I lined the frame with some pattern paper and put Twinkie partly in and partly out of the frame.. The little iPhone was propped in his hand. I used a part from the little figure in 'Framed" for the Photobomb bit.. So really it is a selfie with a photobomb!

I only used three Stampotique Stamps for this : Twinkie, Framed and Vintage bill

I had so much fun creating this page... Maybe you would like to play along this month. You never know, you might just win one of two $30 vouchers for the online store at the end of the month. Just remember : NO digi's and only one entry per person per challenge.. Good luck !!

Thank you so much for stopping by today !

5 comments:

  1. This very clever photo-bomb made me smile - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always going the extra mile, Corrie - a selfie AND a photobomb. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your snapshot centrepiece - what a great page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete