Friday 21 August 2015

Adventure awaits

Hello everyone,

For my DT post for VivaLasVegaStamps! this time, I fancied doing a little canvas, so that is what I did. I made lots of photos of the process so go and get yourself a drink, sit down and enjoy !


First of all the finished article; I thought it came out nice.




And this is how I made this : 


I started with a gessoed canvas, size 8"x 8" or 20 x 20 cm.


I used Dylusions paints and an old card to crape on the paint, you could of course just use a brush or your fingers ! 


This was the result.




Next I used a stencil and some model paste to create some texture. 



This is what is looks like....



Next: Put the stencil back and use a blending tool and Dylusions paint white to accentuate the flowers.


The just become a little whiter. 



Now with the same white paint, read some on your craft sheet with a brayer and use this as an ink pad. Then stamp the flowers a few times. 


Here's what that looks like... make sure to wash your stamp straight away (and your stencil too) as dried paint is very hard to remove....



Next, I used a blending tool and Archival Ink to ink up the edges of the canvas. If you don't like this, you don't have to do this...



Next : Mark making. Use the same card you used for scraping the paint on and make marks with black paint.. You can see the result in the next photo...


Then the background gets stamped; I used black and grey Archival inks and a couple of stamps. (A complete list of all the stamps I used is at the bottom of this post. 


This is what that looks like..


Now it is time for the main image. I stamped the bird twice on tissue paper with Archival ink and then clear embossed them. That way they get even more black. You then adhere them to the canvas with gel medium. 




Here is what that looks like... 



Next I took some Faber Castell Big Brush Markers to colour the birds a little.. I also stamped the sentiment "adventure awaits" at the bottom right. 



A close up of both birds...






A view from the left...



 Front view...



 View from the right..



And here is the last photo of the finished project ! 

I have used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


7 comments:

  1. mooi Corrie en leuk om te zien hoe je dit hebt opgebouwd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een mooi verslag !! . Heel inspirerend. Dank je wel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hij is prachtig! Helemaal niet mijn kleur, groen, maar deze citrus-achtige ziet er perfect uit (je zou 'm bij Simon Says Stamp mondaychallenge mee kunnen laten doen) Mooi en duidelijk hoe je laat zien hoe je deze maakte!
    Ook de AJ-page van de vorige post is mooi; gelukkig blijft er altijd weer wat te proberen/ontdekken! En je SDC-herhaal-kaart is een grappige!
    Ben hier nog in vakantie-sferen; de dochter heeft ook nog een week vrij te gaan, dus wat chaotischer hier.
    Ga jij nog naar de Knots? En de CZC-reunie?
    Fijn weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Gerrina, wij zijn alweer terug van (4 weken, pfff) vakantie. Zoals het er nu uit ziet ga ik naar geen van beiden. Jammer, maar helaas...
      Groetjes en fijn weekend !
      Corrie x

      Delete
  4. Corrie
    This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the texture achieved with the stencils and paste and those birds are so beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial thank you-I have yet to try a wall canvas-you have inspired me to try,this is fabulous!
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete