Friday 16 May 2014

Once upon a time....

Hello fellow Crafters,

I made a tag today. I like to play along at the Tag Along Challenge blog. This week the theme is Children and was set by Deb. I decided to use one of my childhood photos.


I used a Gelli print for the background but did some additional stamping and doodling. I also took it to the sewing machine and did some stitching.  
I cut out me from the photo and adhered some butterfly wings from my stash behind me. I then glued the picture together with the wings on the tag after putting down some washi tape to stand me on. I used the new Alpha Stamps from Stampotique to stamp the sentiment. Next I matted the tag on black card stock, put a ribbon through which I secured with a staple and that was that ! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Hope you like it......

5 comments:

  1. I love your tag with mini you, Corrie. A real delight. And I like the brown accents - an unusual colour choice but it really works. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Een hele mooie! Leuk dat je een foto van jezelf hebt gebruikt! Fijn weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Corrie! I love the idea, and the detail is just so wonderful. A keepsake tag, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how adorable you are! And lovely to have those wings we all wish we had! Lovely tag...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete