Thursday 5 December 2013

Stamp on something else….

Hello again, fellow Crafters,

Coby  is hosting another Stampotique Challenge over at the Craftorij Facebook page. The theme is : Stamp on something else. I had a little think about this and came up with this little box which turned out quite nice I think :




This box is made of thin wood and I painted it lightly with Gesso and then went over it with PaperArtsy Fresco paint in Ice Blue, my favourite colour for Christmas themed projects. I stamped the little angel, 'Daniel's Treetopper'  and the hearts, 'Daniel's Hearts'  on the lid and coloured them in with alcohol markers. I then put glitter glue on the wings of the angel and the hearts on the lid. The box itself I did differently because it wasn't straight. I stamped the hearts on tissue paper and then coloured them before glueing them in place with ModPodge. The words came from the 'Tall Word Collage' from Stampotique and were also stamped on tissue paper and glued on the box with ModPodge. I them destressed all the edges with black Archival ink and lastly gave the whole box a coat of matt varnish.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it…..


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box Corrie, love the scary Mary image - lol

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seen on FB, great altered box Corrie
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific altered box, Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created a treasure box here, Corrie! Those hearts just "make" this so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute in a very arty, contemporary way.
    Adore this altered box.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. \Dit doosje is zo mooi Corrie, ben er echt weg van!

    ReplyDelete