Friday 6 December 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I fancied doing an Art journal and enter that into the Stampotique Designers Challenge # 128 which has the theme: Anything goes. It is a month long challenge this time and I thought I go with the Christmas theme. At the end of it you can win yourself $30,-- worth of Stampotique stamps so why not hop over and have a look.
I made this :

I already painted this page last week. I had some tissue paper, stamped lots of letters on it and glued it onto this page. I then painted gesso over it and blue paint. You can still see the letters peek through here and there. I did some background stamping and used Stampotique's
The white stars were drawn by hand and coloured with a white paint pen, not sure I like them.
The Christmas tree was hand drawn on pattern paper and cut out and shaded a bit. For the little critters on the page I used 
I stamped them all on white card and coloured them with watercolour pencils and a water brush. Also I clear embossed them. Hunk insisted on wearing his reindeer jumper for this occasion. The hats were drawn by me and coloured and embossed the same way. I then thought that Grandpa Hunk's painting needed to go up. I stamped Hunk again and gave him hair and a moustache. 
It's a shame that you cannot see all these little detail on a photo. 
The sentiment was stamped on book text and I also used some of this to ground everything on. Also used a bit of red and white polkadot washitape. 
Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it…..



9 comments:

  1. \\\\\\\\\\\Wat leuk al die vogeltjes in de boom, helemaal geweldig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Christmas small scene, I ADORE this Corrie, you made a great work !!! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute journal page, Corrie! I love the photo on the wall, which beautifully signifies the importance of family in this blessed holiday! Clever use of your stamps as tree decorations! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the birdies are peeking from the tree! Lovely Corrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab page Corrie, love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Corrie, Grandpa Hunk looks fabulous lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab, love the colours and the characters

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome, love the tree, the colors but most of all the photo of "grandpa". Great card!

    ReplyDelete