Wednesday 11 December 2013

Mwah !

Hello fellow Crafters,

I made this card for the Stampotique Designers Challenge # 128, anything goes.





It is the first time my work is being showcased on the Stampotique blog, so very excited! If you want to take part in this challenge and have the chance of winning a $30,-- voucher for those nice stamps then go HERE
Here's how I made it : It is a 13 x 13 cm card. I started with cutting a 13 x 13 cm piece of cardstock and used a honeycomb stencil and model paste to create the texture. After it dried I coloured the whole thing with acrylic paint in naples yellow. I didn't like the effect so I went in with Pan Pastels in yellow. Orange and red; much better. I used the following Stampotique stamps:
Fax to Wolfgang was used for the background. I stamped bits of it with Archival Orange ink. Karin and the Flying Heart were both stamped on white cardstock and coloured with watercolour pencils and a water brush. I clear embossed them, put them on double sided tape and cut them out. I thought the flying hearts were too big so I decided to cut the wings off, sorry Roc..... I adhered them to the card and that was it !
Thanks for stopping by !


Hope you like it !

6 comments:

  1. You have chosen a trio of images that work perfectly together, Corrie! Karin looks sweet in that baby blue dress which just pops off the page against your honeycomb background. Well choreographed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this being the first time your art has been showcased on their blog.
    I am not brave enough to create to this style but how I adore it - fun, arty, creative - it has it all!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the humour of your card and your "Mwah!" ! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zo mooi deze kaart, haha ik zie dat jij ook de vleugels hebt afgeknipt van het hart, ik ook deze week, mooie sprekende kleuren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a delight - congratulations on your SDC debut!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mwah! to you too . Love how you combined Stampotique's 'Mwah!' with Karin.
    Jo CS

    ReplyDelete