Tuesday 3 December 2013

Merry Christmas

Hello fellow Crafters,

Over at the Crafty Individuals blog The challenge is "Make something festive". So on this occasions I decided to go vintage. I think I was a little bit influenced by Lynne Moncrieff, who does vintage a lot better than me ! If you like vintage then go and have a look at her blog, her work is absolutely fantastic!!

Anyway this is what I made :


I don't own any Crafty Individuals Christmas stamps so I had to improvise. I started with a cream card base on which I glued some book text and some patterned paper. I did distress all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then got a doily out, cut it in half and coloured it with Victorian velvet Distress Ink. I glued it on top of the book text and patterned paper. I then cut another bit of book text and adhered some dark red organza ribbon to it. It looks like pink here and that was the effect I was going for. The birdcage is a CI stamp and it was stamped in Versamark and embossed with cream embossing powder. I used an oval die and my cuttlebug to cut it out. I also cut out a bit more book text with a slightly bigger oval die. Before adhering these two ovals to the card I attached the lace ribbon on the right with staples. The sentiment came from a bargain basement stamp set and was stamped and embossed the same as the birdcage. Lastly I used the little bird stamp which came from the same CI set as the cage. I stamped him with black Archival ink and coloured him with Victorian Velvet Distress ink and a water brush. That's it !
Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it…...

7 comments:

  1. Corrie
    You lovely woman to write such words, you surely did make my day, thank you.
    You can certainly do vintage and don't doubt it as the proof is here before me. Clever use of the CI stamp because you certainly managed to evoke a festive feeling into this card even though you do not own any CI Christmas stamps. That plum colour brings a lovely warmth. Wonderful composition, really like the placement of the sweet bird.
    Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals December Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and original theme for this wonderful Christmas card!!!bizz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a lover of all things vintage, Corrie, so I love this! Don't doubt that you can't "do vintage," because your have created a beautiful vintage piece here. Lovely color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great non traditional Christmas card - love it. Thanks for entering the Crafty Individuals Challenge, Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really gorgeous card, and the colours and vintage look are fab too ! And at first I thought your card would not be allowed for the Crafty challenge, as you don't use any CI stamp... but I've just seen the comments above from Jean and other DT members, so all is OK, yeah !! :) Well done ! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coco, the bird and the cage are both from a Crafty Individuals Stampset. I just didn't have any Christmas stamps form CI, but improvised with these because I wanted to take part in the challenge…. Hugs to you too !!! xx

      Delete