Thursday 5 December 2013

Baby, it's cold outside...

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today, at Mandy's Tag Along Challenge blog the theme is set by Carol and is 'Frosty the Snowman'.

So I got to work and came up with this :



This tag is really a tag shaped card and I thought I use one today, because I got a whole stack of them in the cupboard !! I started with white gesso and Ice Blue Paperartsy fresco paint and made it a bit blotchy. I then made my white paint pen drip to make snow flakes. In the Haloween goodies that I won in october was a little bag of sticky back canvasses and I used one today. I painted it with the same white and blue and after it dried I stamped Stampotique's 'Snowy Fran' on it with Archival Ink. I stamped her again on white paper and coloured and clear embossed her. I then cut her out without her arms and glued her on the stamped image on the canvas. I then tore strips from a brown paper bag and made ruffles to go behind the little canvas. I also added a little heart to hang off her arm. I then glued the whole thing on the tag. The sentiment was made with sticky letters and book text which I glued on more of the brown paper bag paper. I also doodled around the words with a red gel pen. I adhered the words to the tag and a bit of brown card stock as a mat and some red polkadot ribbon finished it off. 

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it…..


4 comments:

  1. Fab tag, Corrie. I love the paper bag ruffles - and it's good to see a snowWOMAN for a change :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrruggghhhh it sure is cold outside, great tag

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) this brings smile to my face. sentiment is cute and snowy fran is perfect on fab background!

    ReplyDelete