Tuesday 10 October 2023

Trying science

Hi everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create Tuesday project I have made a postcard with Miss Dee. She cracks me up and has been one of my favourite characters by Janet for years. Today is she trying science! 


Here's how I made this:


The background was a mop up page from the gelli plate that I cut to size. Sometimes the mop up pages are better than the actual gelli prints. 


I added some background stamping and then used a brayer and white paint to tone it down.


Next I stamped Miss Dee and coloured her with Copic Markers. I then cut her out. 


I added a piece of washitape for Miss Dee to stand on. 


I adhered Miss Dee to the card and cut the sentiment into pieces. I added some pencil lines under the words and smudged them with a blending stump and added some lines here and there around the edges of the card. 




 I have used :

Stencil #157 - Twisting & Turning by Tracy Evans
Washi tape : #59 - Paper Stitches by Janet Klein
Stamps:
#338 - Background Noise by Janet Klein
#973 - Equations by Janet Klein
#972 - Matter Of Dee by Janet Klein

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today. 

2 comments:

  1. It’s a lovely card and thank you for showing it
    Miss Dee are fun characters but she does give me the creeps a little bit It’s her mouth - reminds me of Handmaids Tale - sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Dee is getting a little friendlier now. Janet has been changing her a bit. The mouth no longer has the cross marks in the newer images.

      Delete