Tuesday 24 October 2023

Feed the soul

Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create project I have made a card with products by Tracy Evans. 


Here's how I made this:


I did a stencil print with Distress Oxide inks in Antique Linen and Fossilized Amber. It works like this: Take your stencil and rub the ink pads over it until you have a good amount of ink. Spritz with water and put it ink side down on your card. 
After this dried I put the stencil back on and used a blending tool and Distress Oxide Ink Victorian Velvet and filled in the 'holes'. A lucky accident was the fact that I put the stencil slightly lower the second time so it created a little white line on the top of the pink which I think looks great. I did tone it down with white paint and a brayer as always. 


Next I added some background stamping ..


..and some washi tape..


I stamped the flower I wanted to use. 


Coloured it and cut it out. I did make the stem slightly longer by just drawing 2 lines and adding the dots like in the original. I bent the stem carefully because I wanted to use it on its own and I think it looks better. 


and there is it! I added some lines around the edge and 2 sentiments from the same stamp set. 




I used the following products:

Stencil #178 - Crisp Tulips by Tracy Evans
Washi tape #12 - Horticultural Layers by Tracy Evans
Stamps:
#992 - 30 Days by Tracy Evans
#978 - Hexapetalistic by Tracy Evans

For more information about all the AALL & Create products, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by ! 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love it I forget to do this technique ie after spritzing the stencil to lay it down again and ink through it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete