Saturday 1 October 2022

Missed your call...

 Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create project I have made a double artjournal spread. I was supposed to be a single page but this sort of happened and I just went along with it. I really enjoyed this one; Miss Dee cracks me up! 



Here's how I made it:


I used my Dylusions journal for this. It is the 8" x 8" one. I put this stencil on the right hand page; I added some temporary glue underneath because it was not entirely lying flat. 


I sprinkled pigment powders over it, yellow and red for the flowers, teal and green for the leaves. I then spritzed it with water. 


I then took the stencil off and dried it with my heat tool. 


Next I put the stencil back on and went through the holes with a black pen. Not sure if this made it better... 


There was so much ink still on the stencil.... I usually put it on a paper towel but I forgot to put one out so I put it on the left page. I really liked that ! I decided to make it into a double spread. 



Of course it was much to bright for me so I used a brayer and some paint to tone it down. I didn't use white paint this time but something close to the colour of the paper in the book. 


I think putting the paint over the top made the pages more to a coherent whole spread. When the paint was dry I randomly stamped the pages. Not too much as I liked it the way it was. 


Added some washi tape. 


Next I coloured Miss Dee with my Copics and cut her out. 


After putting down some more of the same washi tape I glued Miss Dee and the sentiment into place. I really like the end result. 


Here is the right hand page... 


and the left... 

I have used the following AALL & Create products:

Stencil #138 - Rosy Posy by Bipasha Bk
Washi #32 - Take Risks (light) by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#366 - Roundly by Autour de Mwa
#338 - Background Noise by Janet Klein
#758 - Hidden Words by Janet Klein
#759 - Ballerina Dee by Janet Klein

For more information about all the fab AALL & Create products and a list of international stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by ! 


2 comments:

  1. I had to pop over from FB to see how you created that fabulous background for the spread. So cool. Thanks for sharing step-out photos and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just delightful, and the sentiment cracks me up! I'm always amused by your playful nature, my friend.

    ReplyDelete