Wednesday 5 October 2022

Tis near Halloween...

 Hello everyone, 

For the second of my projects for Country View Challenges I have made a journal spread. There is still lots of time to participate if you'd like. Just make sure to read the RULES and who knows, you might win a £20 voucher for the shop. 

You'll find all the information about the challenge HERE

I have been enjoying pigment powders in combination with a stencil and for this project I have done that again. Sorry if it gets boring ! 



Here's how:


I decided to use these products for my journal spread. The pigment powders & stencil are not in the photo. 



First I used purple and black pigment powders with a Tim Holtz stencil. I then used a brayer and rolled some paint over the edges. I did this after I took this photos, you can see it in the next photo of the background. 


Next I stamped the moon and coloured it. 


Then the cat..


Here is everything together. I did add more colour to the witches faces, hands, brooms and hadbag after I painted them with clear gesso to get rid of the shiny surface of these paper dolls. 


In the meantime my background had dried and I added some stamping; not too much because I liked the background as it was. 


Then it was a case of putting everything together. 



I added some washitape for them to stand and sit on, some highlights with a white pen/yellow paint pen to mimic the light of the moon. I added some yellow paint around the moon....


and then added the sentiment. 

Thank you for stopping by today ! 




3 comments:

  1. Do carry on with the powders/stencil technique! Love the effect and this is a great page. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Corrie, I love those new AALL stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful spread, Corrie - I'm loving that purple for Halloween, and that stencilled background is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete