Tuesday 18 October 2022

Eat cake!

Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create project I have made a journal page. I had this cupcake stamp for a while but hadn't yet used it. So today was the day! 



Here's how I made this:


Sometimes, when I have been gelliprinting there is a lot of paint left on the plate. So, when this happens I fill in the holes (the areas where there is not paint) with colours that go with what is left on the plate. I then let it dry, add a thin layer of white and pull a print. This cleans the plate and also gives you interesting prints, like this one. 
I tried something new today with this stencil. I dabbed white paint on it, sprayed it with water and printed it on the page. It didn't work as well as I thought it would, so I sprinkled white embossing powder over the wet paint and heat embossed it. 


Next, stamping, using similar colours ink and black. 


I then stamped the cupcakes and the sentiment I was going to use. I also rubbed some black acrylic paint along the edges where the black stamping was, to frame the page. 


Adding some washi tape so the cakes sit on a base and are not floating. 


Watercoloured and ready to be cut out.


All put together and ready! I matted the page on some black card stock, always makes things pop! 




I have used the following AALL & Create products:

Stencil:
#128 - Hexagons & Buds by Bipasha Bk

Stamps:
#646 - Cupcakes by Bipasha Bk
#457 - Background Voices by Bipasha Bk
#383 - Scripted Hexagons by Bipasha Bk
#489 - Wisecracks by Autour de Mwa

Washi tape:

#24 - Power Words by Bipasha Bk

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products and a worldwide list of 
stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today! 

 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those cupcakes have me drooling, and I'd no plans to be in the kitchen today. Curse you, Corrie! 🤣

    ReplyDelete