Tuesday 11 October 2022

Meow..

 Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create GDT post I have made a card with one of Dominic's cats. I am more of a dog person but I do like these stamps. 



Here's how I made it:


I painted a card panel with shimmer watercolours and added some stencilling with white acrylic paint. The paints are not as shimmery as I expected them to be. 


I added some stamping here and there. 


Next I stamped and coloured the cat; I then cut him out. 


When I put the cat on the panel I thought it was too stark a contrast with the pale background so I added some more stencilling in black to balance it a little better. I also drew a line around the edges. 


I also added black washi tape and pink and white splatters. 


I only used part of the sentiment that says: You had me at MEOW. It would have been to m much on this card. Instead I added some of the 'You had me' as a background stamp. Lastly I added some white dots to the black areas of the cat to make it a little less black.



I have used :

Stencils:
#39 - Lotza Dotz by Autour de Mwa
#89 - Dahlias by Autour de Mwa
Stamps:
#338 - Background Noise by Janet Klein
#494 - X or O by Janet Klein
#366 - Roundly by Autour de Mwa
#792 - Had Me At Meow by Dominic Phillips
Washi tape:
#24 - Power Words by Bipasha Bk

For more information about all the AALL & Create products and a list of international stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 




3 comments:

  1. So wonderful. Thank you for sharing this with us. Greetings Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I popped over to Facebook to find out more about the card. I really love the background you created for that gorgeous cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Corrie - loving those cats, and your colour combination is thrilling. This is a card I'd be hanging on the wall!!

    ReplyDelete