Thursday 24 October 2019

A little book for AALL & Create

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my post for AALL & Create this week. I have been having lots of fun with the new release and couldn't resist making a little book with some of Janet Klein's new stamps because they are so adorable! It is a long post so grab a drink and sit back and enjoy!



This is the front of the book. 

Here's how I made it:



First I made the backgrounds. I used my gelli plate and stencils for this. I made 5 double background and 2 halves for the front and the back of the book. I used the Eileen Hull passport die to cut out the pages; that is why there are holes in the middle but I didn't think that was a problem.


The next step was using a brayer and rolling over some white paint and using these two stamp sets by Tracy Evans from the new release to add some interest. 


I did the same to the cover pieces. 


Next I added some more stencilling with white paint, a blending tool and this stencil. 


I then stamped all the little figures on the backgrounds to determine the layouts and also to make sure that even if I didn't cut out the ones on the white card stock (see photo below) perfectly, they still would look perfect on the pages. 


I also stamped them all on white card stock and then coloured everything with my Copic markers. I then cut everything out and adhered the images to the pages:





It was then time to put the book together. I did this by gluing the back of the right hand page of the first little scene to the back of the left hand page of the second one, then the back of the right hand page of the second one to the back of the left page hand of the third etc. I continued until all 5 little journal spreads were glued together. 


Like this. 


I used a piece of cotton to use as the spine of the book. I glued this half on the front and half on the back of the book when closed. Don't do this to tight because your book won't stay closed. 


Lastly I glued on the front cover and the back cover:




Here is a look at the individual pages:


Pages 1 and 2


Pages 3 and 4


Pages 5 and 6


Pages 7 and 8


Pages 9 and 10

I thoroughly enjoyed making this but it was a lot of work. You could of course make journal spreads and collect them until you have enough to make into a journal. It could be more pages than I have done here. 

I used the following stamps:
#262 - Mesh by Tracy Evans
#234 - Brush Flower by Tracy Evans
#251 - Pixie Dust by Janet Klein
#255 - Bird Lover by Janet Klein
#256 - Cat Love by Janet Klein
#257 - Lil' Magic by Janet Klein
#258 - New Day by Janet Klein
#259 - Pineapple Queen by Janet Klein

Stencils:
#39 - Lotza Dotz by Autour de Mwa
#45 - DIgital bubbles by Autour de Mwa
#2 by Olga Heldwein
#80 Lushy leafy by Olga Heldwein
#77 Sunflower power by Olga Heldwein 

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products please visit:

www.aallandcreate.com/boutique

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this booklet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little characters, especially the fairy/angel...brilliant page backgrounds. Lots of luvverly colour and those stencils add just the right amount of subtle detail for the characters. I love this.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little book. I think I have to make one

    ReplyDelete