Wednesday 23 January 2019

Viewer discretion

Hello everyone,

For today's VivaLasVegaStamps! inspiration I have done an art journal. I don't know about you, but I love art journaling although some would say it wasn't journaling as I don't actually journal usually. For me playing with inks and paints and other mediums is enough. So this is what I came up with:


This was great fun to make. I started with painting the pages with gesso. Next I thought about paint but decided to colour my pages with Distress Oxide Inks. I forgot how well this works. 
I started with rubbing the ink pads over the page; fossilised Amber in the middle, Carved Pumpkins next and some Picked Raspberry along the edge. I used a brush and some water to blend it. After drying I went back in with a blending tool and the same inks to make them a little brighter here and there. 
I also used a stencil and some more of the Carved Pumpkin ink to get some interests on the pages. 


Next I did some stamping using the same inks, adding Broken China for more contrast. I also used some Archival and StaZon. 


When I was happy with the how it looked a added splatters with paint pens and stamped my focal image and the sentiment. I coloured the mermaid and cut her out. I cut the sentiment in strips and adhered both to the pages. I did add some shading with a coloured pencil under the mermaid and around the words. 

I have used the following stamps:

20163 - Typeset scallop
20170 - Rows of Numbers
20162 - Carved Xs
20165 - Crossmarks background 
20150 - String of tassels
20152 - Fancy Mermaid
20100 - Some viewers 

Other supplies: 
Distress Oxide inks in 
Fossilized Amber
Picked Raspberry
Carved Pumpkin
Broken China
UmWow Studio stencil "Dahlia"
Ranger Archival Ink "Jet Black"
StaZon ink "Dove Gray"
Memento "Tuxedo Black"
Posca Paintpens in white and pink
Copic Markers

Thank you so much for looking today ! 


2 comments:

  1. That's great fun, Corrie - and since I'm not wearing my mermaid tail today, I'm not taking this one personally. :D

    ReplyDelete