Monday 21 January 2019

the Universe ! Art Journal spread

Hello everyone,

Last week I was on the France Papillon FB page, sharing my layers for the ALAD (a layer a day) challenge. I was my turn to lead and I chose the subject of the Universe. You can read about it on France's blog


I will show you how this came together:


First I stuck masking tape on the pages randomly and painted over everything with DecoArt Media white Gesso. 


Next, I did something very out of character to me : journaling... I normally don't do this but eh, you have to try everything once ! lol 


I then painted over the lot with a mix of Deco Art Media Tinting base, Fluid Acrylic in Phthalo blue and Carbon Black. I love how you can see the edges of the tape. 


Next I created my Milky Way by splattering white paint all over the pages. I used a Molotow paint pen for this. 


Next I used Colbalt Archival ink with a stamp from set London-New York by France. I also stamped part of the World stamp from set 1800, also by France, with Tinting Base. I had too much on my craft mat so I decided not to let it go to waste and scraped it along the edges of the tape. Looks fab I think. 


Next I added the Planets in my Universe with DecoArt Modelling paste and the 'Driving me circles' stencil.


The last layer was the sentiment cluster which I made from bits lying on my desk, a piece of Tengucho paper and a Butterfly Whispers sticker from sheet MMS1. I then took another of the stickers and applied them on my page too. 
Lastly I doodles around the pages with a white paint pen to frame the spread. 

I hope you enjoyed my process and hope you'll play along with us sometime ! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layers and fished effects Corrie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layers, Corrie, and I love the spread...that darkened blue is just luscious!

    ReplyDelete