Sunday 18 November 2018

Love to read poetry


Hello everyone, 

A little while ago we were asked by the lovely France Papillon to make samples with her new stamps. The reason for this was that she would be featuring them on Hochanda TV ! How exciting ! I made 4 samples with the yummy new stamps, stencils and stickers and I will be sharing them from today !  This art journal page is sample number one : 



I started with a piece of Mixed Media paper and put a layer of gesso on it. I then added the model paste through France's new stencil called 'honeycomb large'. When all this had dried I used DecoArt Fluid Acrylics to add colour. I watered it down a lot to get this almost translucent effect. Of course you don't have to use turquoise, I just happen to love this colour and use it a lot. When all this had dried I added some darker colour with a Stabilo All pencil. This is water soluble.  The next step was to add some stamping. I used the new stamps from the set "1800" for this and Archival inks in turquoise and black. When I was happy with it I added the doodling around the page. For the main image I used one of the images of the set "Kevin and so" and stamped him on white card stock, coloured him and cut him out. I placed him on a torn "Butterfly Whispers" Mixed Media sticker. The last thing I added was the sentiment. Partly "Butterfly Whispers" Mixed Media sticker, partly book text and partly stamped with set "How shall I put it".  

If you are interested in the fabulous products by France then you will find them all HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by today !

2 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I'm with you on the turquoise, and this is just stellar. I love the punctuation mark of 'poem' at the feet of the reader...makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete