Tuesday 2 January 2024

To become an artist

 Hello everyone, 

Happy New Year ! For this year's very first AALL & Create project I have made a duo of cards. 


Here's how:


First I die cut 2 white and 2 black cards with this fabulous set. I will use the black cards as a mat for the white ones. 


Next I coloured the white cards with a blending tool and Distress Oxide inks, I then sprayed the stencil with water and put it on the cards. The idea is to bleach out the stencil. It worked by not very well, might have been the card stock I used. I fixed this by putting the stencil back on and using a blending tool and some ink to define the shape of the stencil. Of course after I did this I toned it down with white paint and a brayer. You can see this in the next photo. 


Next I stated the eyes on the cards. I used a gelli plate to reverse the image. The print of the one via the gelli plate is always lighter and not quite so sharp but on the whole it's a good way of doing this. 


Next, more stamping, this time on white card ready for colouring. Again I reversed the image.


Here they are all coloured up and cut out. I will glue them on the stamped images on the card. I did add a tiny bit of green to the iris later.. 


This stamp set is fabulous so I used just this one for the background stamping. 


I also added some washitapes which I later toned down slightly with white paint and my fingers. I chose the washi tape based on the colours I wanted not the design. 


Stamping the sentiment. 


I glued the finished cards onto the black die cuts. There is just a small black border left. I think that looks fabulous! 




I have used the following AALL & Create products:

Stamps:
#970 - Leonardo Da Vinci by Janet Klein
#1110 - Time Heals All by Autour De Mwa & Co

Stencil:
#59 - Weathered Tiles by Autour De Mwa

Die:
#26 - Frayed Frames by Autour de Mwa & Co

Washi tape:
#64 - Spooky Washi by Janet Klein
#61 - Harvest Time by Janet Klein
#68 - 7 Seas by Janet Klein
#51 - Love Land by Janet Klein

For more information about all the AALL & Create products and a list of international stockists please visit :


or 


if you want to go shopping ! 

Thank you for stopping by today ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment