Tuesday 6 December 2022

Live each moment

 Hello everyone, 

For my AALL & Create GDT post this week I have made a 6 x 6 journal page. I have used mostly Tracy Evans' products. I try and put the spotlight on each of the designers once a month. 


This is totally not what I had in mind and it took me hours to be happy with it. 
Here's how:


I heat embossed the top flower stamp twice on my 6 x 6 piece of watercolour and dunked it into pink Distress Oxide ink. The idea was to keep the background pink and make the focal yellow and green but it turned out totally different. 


I used a shimmering watercolour paint to add more pink to the flowers and used the same pink ink I dunked the page in to print this stencil. 


I added some of Tracy's washitape....


and toned it all down with white paint and a brayer. I then added stamping with grey and black inks. 


I then stamped this butterfly to use as my focal point. I used watercolours to paint them but forgot to take a picture.. 


The sentiment I was going to use. 


So, what happened was that I placed the butterflies on the background and I didn't like it. So instead of starting again I added some watercolours, the same as I used for the butterflies, just to tie it all together. I added white an black splatters and some doodling here and there. Lastly I matted it on a black piece of card stock. 



For more information about all the AALL & Create products, please visit:


I have used the following materials:

Washi #12 - Horticultural Layers by Tracy Evans
Stencil #110 - Digits Checked by Bipasha Bk
Stamps:
#733 - Temporal by Tracy Evans
#755 - Round Digits by Tracy Evans
#757 - Tickets by Tracy Evans
#754 - Power Of The Word by Tracy Evans
#752 - Elegant Stems by Tracy Evans

Thank you for stopping by today ! 





1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Corrie - it makes me think of a wonderful movie we watched last night on Netflix called About Time. This could be the image for the cover of the vid!

    ReplyDelete