Tuesday 18 January 2022

Drink coffee and raise chickens

 Hi everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create GDT post I have made a postcard. I love watercouloring but usually grab my Copics when I have to colour something. This time I thought I would take a little time and use my watercolours. I enjoyed it very much. 



Here's how I made it:


First I stamped this cute chick image on a postcard size piece of watercolour paper. 


I then painted the chicks with three shades of yellow. I used an orangy yellow for the feet and beaks. 


I used a turquoise wash around the chicks to make them stand out more. 


Next I added some stencilling using Distress Oxide ink in Broken China. 


I then stamped parts of this stamp over the stencilling and brayered some white paint over it to tone it all down a little. 


Because it is a postcard I wanted to add a postage stamp and I found this one in my stash. It has a chick on it.. so fun! I used one of Abs' wisecracks circle stamps to 'stamp' the postage stamp. I also used it in two different places on the card for balance. 


Lastly I added yellow paint splatters and added some grey watercolour around the edges of the card to frame it. 



I used the following materials:

Stencil : #143 - Creatively Crossed by Autour de Mwa
Stamps:
#554 - Lined Cross by Bipasha Bk
#489 - Wisecracks by Autour de Mwa
#559 - Feathered friends by Bipasha Bk

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products, please go to :


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




3 comments:

  1. je vais me commander ce tampon, ils me plaisent bien ces poussins ! biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - I just kept on looking and looking and looking at it. There's so much to see, and your explanation of ways and means is terrific!

    ReplyDelete