Tuesday 27 April 2021

Birthday wishes

 Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blog where today I am sharing a card that I made with a new stencil by Bipasha Bk for AALL & Create. I wanted this to be the main feature. 


and here is how I made this:


To make a background like this you start with putting your stencil of choice on your gelli plate. A stencil with lots of open spaces works best. 


Take your alcohol ink (or Copic Refills will work too) and add the desired colours to the stencil.  I used green in the leaf areas and two shades of pinks for the flowers. It doesn't have to be too precise. Let this dry. 


When it is dry pull off the stencil. It will look like this. You then use a brayer and put a thin layer of acrylic paint over it. I used white but you can use any light colour. 


You then put your paper on the gelli plate and take a print. 


I really like how this came out. 


I then stamped this butterfly to go on my card. I chose this one because it was the smallest and I wanted the stencil to shine! 


I coloured the butterfly and cut it out. I also stamped a sentiment. 


Before putting the butterfly on the panel I added a little white paint over the area where I wanted it to go so it would stand out a little more. I matted the sentiment on black card and adhered that too. 


I then glued the panel onto a white card base. 




I have used the following AALL & Create products:

Stencil #127 - Bloomed Roses by Bipasha Bk
Stamp set #451 - In the bucket by Tracy Evans
Stamp set #449 - Through the meadows by Tracy Evans

For more information and a list of worldwide stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 





3 comments:

  1. beaucoup de délicatesse dans cet effet ! biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious card, Corrie - I just love working with alcohol inks on the gel plates - one never knows how it will go, and this is particularly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using alcohol on my plate and love the unique effect. I've never done a select portion like this, but love it and how the white background shows. Such inspiration, thank you! I have a few of those types of stencils by AALL & Create and will try this. xx, Autumn

    ReplyDelete