Tuesday 6 April 2021

Choose to shine - a card for AALL & Create

 Hello everyone, 

Welcome to my blog where I am sharing a card for AALL & Create today. I am a little obsessed with rainbow colours at the moment so I decided to use them for this card. 


And here's how:


First I embossed this stamp on my card panel. I used white embossing powder by WOW. 


Here is is a little clearer. 


I then used Distress Oxide inks to colour the panel. I used 'Carved Pumpkin', 'Mustard Seed', 'Cracked Pistachio', 'Broken China' and 'Wilted Violet'. I smooshed the pads on my craft sheet one at a time, dunked and dried. I repeated this until I was happy.


Next: I used some of the circles of the bottom right stamp to add some more interest to the panel. 


I also added some washi tape. 




The focal images is the butterfly from the left bottom stamp. I wanted to keep it black and white to make it stand out more and that is what I did. I just added some shading. 


The sentiment came from this set and a stamped it onto the blank edge of this book paper.


I matted the sentiment onto black card and also went around the card with a blending tool and black ink to edge it. 


I then matted the panel on black card stock and then glued it onto a card blank. 


I really like how it came out.



I have used the following stamps & washi tape:

Stamp #459 - Lined Triangles by Bipasha Bk
Stamp #451 - In the Bucket by Tracy Evans
Stamp #449 - Through the meadows by Tracy Evans
Washi tape #17 - Mix & Match by Janet Klein

For more information about all the fantastic AALL & Create products, including a list of worldwide stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today !







2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Corrie - I'm just loving that embossed background texture. It's an outstanding stamp, and you've used it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete