Tuesday 5 January 2021

Sewing forever, a journal

 Hello everyone, 

Happy new year to all of you and thank you for your continuing support! For today's AALL & Create project I have made a journal. 



FRONT


BACK


INSIDE

Here's how I made it:


First, I die cut this book and then I applied crackle paste through this stencil. My crackle paste is really old so I have only small crackles. 


I coloured the book with pigment powders; I did add a layer of clear gesso first because I used 2 layers of card stock glued together and wasn't sure how the paper would react to lots of water. With a layer of Gesso it was a little protected. 


After everything was dry I added some stamping using two stamp sets; this is the first.


this is the second.


I then stamped this lady and coloured her and cut her out:


She is very stylish ! I gave her a (thimble) hat later, just for a bit of fun. 


I added some elements of washout tape to my book, stamped the sentiment and gave her the thimble hat. It is the top part of one of the thimbles on the washi tape that i stuck to some light blue paper. 


This is how it looks after it was all done. 


Next I added designer paper to the inside and a strip of washi tape to the spine. I punched holes in the washi tape where the holes in the paper are so I could thread the elastic for the signatures through them.


Front of the book. I added a little clamp to keep it closed. 


Back of the book. 


I added three signatures. You could add more if you wanted to. It is a good way of making your own journals as you can chose the paper you put in it. 

I have used the following materials:

Washi tape #10 - Fragments by Tracy Evans

Stencil #102 - Secret Stars by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#438 - Ephemera Digits by Tracy Evans
#350 - Splattered Numbers by Tracy Evans
#396 - Sewing Forever by Tracy Evans

For more information about all the fantastic AALL & Create products, please visit:



Thank you so much for stopping by today!





3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project, thank you for showing us all the steps along your creative path too. I have been debating about starting an Art Journal over the Christmas period and having never made one before I didn't know where to start but looking at your post has given me a few ideas and inspiration, thank you.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous journal, Corrie...I LOVE the cover and especially appreciate that stylin' thimble hat! Well done, my uber-creative friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superleuk! Dat hoedje is ook geweldig bedacht...

    ReplyDelete