Tuesday 19 January 2021

I love a crazy hat

 Hello everyone, 

welcome to my blog where today I am sharing a card which I made for AALL & Create. One day I sat down at my desk, not really wanting to do anything but to my surprise this card came out and I really love it.. 


I just starting playing with Dina Wakley's Gloss sprays, more because I thought they wouldn't work anymore as I hadn't used them in ages. So, that's how it began! Here's how I did it:


After I dried the background, I put on this stencil and used white paint to get some interest. 


Next, I stamped the background. Now with gloss sprays and any acrylic product it is always a problem to stamp with waterbed inks. It doesn't work because it doesn't dry. I tend to use inks that are the right colour but not necessarily the right type. Here I used Distress Oxide ink because the colour was perfect. To get around the fact it doesn't dry I just heat emboss the stamping with clear powder ! Problem solved. This also works when you used Versafine. 


More stamping and more heatembossing. 


I made up a new sentiment with two of the sentiments from these sets. 


Stamping the main images on white card. I also stamped the cat on the card because the whiskers are too fine to cut out, now I can just cut them off. 


Adding some washi tape for the cat to sit on.. 


I coloured the images with Copic Markers, cut them out and adhered them, together with the sentiment onto my card. I then added the panel to a white card base. I think it turned out really cute. 



I have used the following AALL & Create Materials:

Stencil #100 - Nodes by Autour de Mwa
Washi tape #3 - Ponder by Autour de Mwa
Stamps:
#350 - Splattered Numbers by Tracy Evans
#338 - Background Noise by Janet Klein
#408 - Felines by Janet Klein
#284 - Hat Drama by Janet Klein

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you for stopping by !



4 comments:

  1. ...and I love this crazy cat. Beautiful colours, fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this card, and the fact that it was 'accidental' in progress. Isn't that the best fun?!

    ReplyDelete