Tuesday 26 January 2021

Make your mark

 Hello everyone, 

Today I have a little decorated notebook to show you. This was lying around on my desk and I though it was a nice little project for a cold and dark afternoon. 



Here's how I did it:


First I glued some washi tape on the spine because I didn't want to see the red. I covered it with another layer later because the red still came through. 


I used a small gelli plate and this stamp, some Versafine Clair ink and white acrylic paint to make these little backgrounds. The one on the right didn't come out very well so I resorted to stamping the same stamp over the top with the same Versafine Clair Inks. 


Next, I stamped the background a little. 


I also added some more washi tape ..


I stamped these poppies and cut them out. I used some MM patterned paper that has been in my stash for years..


I cut them out and adhered them to my book covers.


I dug out an older stamp set for the sentiment and stamped it on the same paper. 


I added some doodling and some splatters.


and glued the covers to the book. 


It turned out ok I think although I don't love it but these things happen... 

I used the following AALL & Create products:

Washi tape:
#7 - Winged friends by Tracy Evans
#9 - Cut, Tear, Layer by Tracy Evans
Stamps:
#400 - Numerator by Tracy Evans
#395 - Papaver Poppies by Tracy Evans
#341 - Pen & Ink by Tracy Evans

More information about all the fabulous AALL & Create on the website:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 







1 comment:

  1. Funny how we can love something (or not) and others see it totally differently. I'm all over this fabulous cover, Corrie - I particularly like the gradations in the colour combination and the visual textural aspect. The addition of b/w on top really makes it for me. Feeling covetous! :D

    ReplyDelete