Monday 2 July 2018

The garden

Hello everyone,

Welcome to my blogpost where today I am showing you a little book I made for AALL & Create.
I like making little books and this one could be a journal for the garden. Maybe note the birds you see through the months, or which flowers flower when.
Anyway, here it is :


And here's how I made it :


I started with one sheet of 12 x 12 paper which I folded and glued into a book... (if you are interested in this; there are lots of tutorials on YouTube about how to make a book like this and others)


When I finished folding and it was glued together, I glued a piece of fabric to the outside.. 


The next step is painting gesso sloppily all on the cover and the pages. You still want to see the original paper here and there. 


I then used this fab stencil by Kasse (#27) and a Lindy's Stampgang Spray to add interest and colour to the cover. I did this front and back. 


Here are the stamps I used to finish the project. The flowers were stamped on the cover and on a separate piece of paper and coloured and cut out. I then glued the coloured ones over the top. 


Here it is in all its glory! 


The inside pages were coloured with Lindy's Stampgang sprays and stamped with the Date it set. The flowers were stamped, I then took off the background colour with a water brush and re-coloured with watercolour markers. 



Another view...


The back of the book.


The insides. 

I have used the following stamps and stencils. 

 Stamp #68 - House Numbers
Stamp #71 - Natures garden
Stamp #107 - Date it 
Stencil #27 

For more information about AALL & Create products please visit :


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

4 comments:

  1. Love your book Corrie, thismia lne of those pieces you want to reach out and touch. I love books . Love how,you incorporated the stamps too and the pop,of colour on the flowers. Tracy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to save the word "stunning" for only when something blows my socks off! This is absolutely STUNNING! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a glorious book, Corrie; I'm in green envy here. You've done a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete