Monday 4 January 2016

Friends

Hello everyone,

I have an art journal to share today. It is made with the lovely Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda Stamps. A lot of these stamps are available in the Netherlands at Inkadinkadutchies. You'll find the online store HERE.

Here's my journal :


This is done on a piece of watercolour paper. I started with stamping the 'Grunge Black Swirl' background stamp twice with grey Archival ink. I then rubbed yellow, orange and red Brusho's into the paper and stamped with two shapes of the 'Shadow Frames Set' and water into the Brusho's. I didn't think it was bright enough though, so I spritzed some water over it and after it dried I used the same stamps and Distress Inks to accentuate the circles... I liked that better. I then used white acrylic paint and the 'Love' stamp from the 'Dream, Magic, Love' set. Next I stamped the 'Cat & Bird' on the page and on white paper. I coloured them with pencils and cut them out. Before I adhered them I did some collaging with music paper and an old comic which was coloured with the same Distress ink colours. I also doodled and splattered with a white paint pen. 
Lastly I adhered 'Cat & Bird' and used some chit chat stickers by Tim Holtz for the sentiment. 


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

10 comments:

  1. Hier zit ik weer vol bewondering naar te kijken hoor Corrie !
    Je hebt de brusho's over je papier gewreven voor je ze nat maakte ? Dat ga ik ook eens proberen.
    De kat en de vogel zijn uitgeknipt ? Dat vind ik weer erg knap, zou me niet lukken met die fijne pootjes ! Of heb je de stampel eerst gestempeld en dan de kat en het vogellijfje uitgeknipt ?
    Ik vind hem in ieder geval weer geweldig !!!!
    Groetjes
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoi Margo, in dit geval eerst gestempeld maar ook de pootjes and het kroontje uitgeknipt. Ik vind dat heel rustgevend. En je wordt steeds beter naarmate je het vaker doet...
      Groetjes en dank je voor je lieve comments !
      Corrie x

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm dus met andere woorden, de aanhouder wint ! Met wat kleef je alles dan vast als ik mag vragen ? Daar ga ik ook wel vaak de mist in :)
      Groetjes
      Margo

      Delete
    3. Gewoon met witte tacky glue ! Werkt wel goed. Maar als je twijfelt kun je ook Gel Medium mat gebruiken. Dat werkt altijd perfect ! Die van Finnabair bijvoorbeeld is erg goed.
      Groetjes, Corrie

      Delete
  2. I completely love this Corrie, it's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een gave pagina Corrie, mooie details en kleuren!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great page - the fiery colours, the collaged images - such fun!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hele gave page! Mooi die kat en lekker vrolijke kleuren (mag wel op zo'n grijze dag...) Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bold color palette here, Corrie, and your cat image is absolutely mesmerizing! Great page! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete