Wednesday 1 March 2023

Happy birthday

Hi everyone, 

Welcome to my blog where today I am sharing a birthday card which I made for the March challenge over at Country View Challenges

This month I am hosting the challenge and because it is my birthday in March I chose the theme 'birthday card' with the added demand that it has to be a birthday card for a man. Yes, I know, we all struggle with that. For my first project I have used only pattern paper and one stamp. 


Here's how I made this quick and easy card:


This is the paper I chose to make my card. It's by Stamperia. Susan at Country View Crafts has a very good selection of Stamperia products. 


First I used this ink pad to colour the edges of my white card blank. It fits better with the colours I am using. 


I cut out a panel, a piece of paper for the sentiment and a triangle that I thought would look great as a party hat. The man is an ephemera sticker, also from the same collection.


I found these circles also in the ephemera pack and decided to put them onto the panel. 


Next I used this stamp set by AALL & Create for the sentiment. 


Here is the panel all ready to go on the card. 


And here it is all finished. I think it looks great. 



Please come over to Country View Challenges and play along with us. Just make sure to read the RULES before you do. I will be back in a couple of days with another masculine card. I might even do a video! 

Thank you for stopping by today. 






6 comments:

  1. What a terrific card, Corrie, and the fact that you used basic supplies (and so few of them) to make something so handsome is outstanding. Applause from this corner of the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Corrie, beautifully done! Take care and have a great month, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Corrie! I love the party hat you added, it makes this card so special =)
    Have a great March!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card! I love how it all came together and the ephemera man's expression in his party hat made me smile 😊. Wishing you a Happy March birthday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect project and theme Corrie - I love this! And a very happy March birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So different! Love it Corrie! x

    ReplyDelete