Saturday 25 February 2023

You just have to care

 Hello everyone, 

Today I am sharing the second of my "Be sentimental" projects for February's challenge over at Country View Challenges. On this postcard I have used a sentiment I found on the internet and typed it on my old typewriter. It's very sentimental! 

We hope you will play along with us and maybe you will be the one to win the £20 voucher to spend in the shop! Just make sure to read the RULES


Here's how I made this. 


Coloured my piece of watercolour card with Distress Inks. I smooshed them onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water and dunked my card into it several times, drying in between layers, until I was happy.


Next I used these Katzelkraft background stamps and stamped the background randomly using the same Distress Inks and a grey and black Versafine Clair. 
Country View Crafts have a good selection of Katzelkraft stamps.


Next as always I toned it down with white acrylic paint and a brayer. 


I used a very old stamp for the main image. I stamped her on the card and onto some watercolour paper. 


I coloured the strands of her hair outside of the face straight on my card and the rest on the seperately stamped one. I then cut around the face on the right and around the hair on the left getting a complete image again by gluing it down onto the stamped image on the card. 


Next I added some Tim Holtz washi tape to sort of ground her. Not sure that was the right thing to do.. 
I also typed my sentiment en cut it into strips and glued it onto the card. 


Lastly, I went around the words and around the edges of the card with a graphite pencil and matted the panel onto some black card stock to make it pop! 

Thank you for stopping by today ! 




3 comments:

  1. Love the quote! I can't tell if she looks better with the washi tape or not... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, the washi tape is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, and I definitely love the sentiment...you truly are a master!!

    ReplyDelete