Sunday 1 January 2023

Me time

Hello everyone, 

Happy New Year ! It is the first of January today so that means the start of the new year but also the start of a new challenge over at Country View Challenges. Evelyn chose the theme this time and she picked 'Clocks/time'. For the first project I have made a postcard. 


Here's how:


First I heat embossed the card panel. I used white embossing powder and a big background stamp by Katzelkraft. 


I then used Distress Oxide inks Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed to colour the panel. I used a blending tool. I also went around the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide. 


Next I stamped one of the cats of this Katzelkraft set.


and the sentiment which is a very old stamp by Visible Image. 


To stamp the sentiment I used Versafine Clair ink in Summertime, Charming Pink and Cheerfull.




Here it is all put together. 

I used some washi tape to the cat on and some in the right hand top corner. I added splatters with Distress Oxide ink and water (Walnut Stain) and went around the wordstrips with a black pen.

We would love for you to play along with us but make sure to read the RULES

I'll be back soon with more inspiration! 





 

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun postcard Corrie and great to see that really old Visible Image stamp! Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Katzelkraft cats! And I totally agree with what your chosen cat said :-) The background is cool too! Best wishes for 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this clock stamp, underused I must admit... but it's perfect here! Great page Corrie.
    Have a happy and creative 2023! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Corrie, such a fun postcard! Take care and have a very happy 2023, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cracks me up, Corrie - the expression on the cat's face is exactly how I feel at this time of the year, and the sentiment speaks to that just perfectly. Loving the busyness of the backgrounds - it's so expressive coupled with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous and fun postcard! I loved how it all came together, the EP background is stunning and perfect for your sentiment and adorable cat 😊. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could have been me saying this.... Gorgeous postcard, Corrie!
    Have a wonderful new year!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning project Corrie - so bright and beautiful

    ReplyDelete