Tuesday 20 September 2022

Chase your dreams

 Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create project I have made a tag. It gave me lots of trouble because what I had in mind didn't quite work out as well as I thought.


Here's how I made this:


I had this idea of a half and half tag where I stencilled with the opposite colours like I did, but when I finished it, I didn't really like it. Maybe wrong colour choice ? I don't know. 


I decided to roll with it and toned it down with white paint and a brayer and added some stamping. 


Next I stuck some washi tape down..


I then stamped some more. I used Archival ink (Picked Raspberry)  for this and the pink went totally neon when I toned it down with white paint. Weird when colours change so much. I didn't like that at all so I toned it down even more. 


I then thought the colours weren't bright enough.. so I used a blending tool and same-ish Distress Oxide colours to brighten it a little and added some white paint splatters. I thought it looked better but I am still not convinced. I put it to the side to colour the focal image. 


I stamped this Fresia stamp and coloured it.. 


At least I didn't mess that up ! lol 


Stamped the sentiments I was going to use. 


Now it is finished I quite like it! I glued the freesias down and used a watercolour marker to add some shading around it. I then added the sentiments which I inked with Distress Oxide Inks. Lastly I tore a piece of silk of some I had in my stash (from my silk painting days) and coloured it with Distress Oxide ink and added it to the top of my tag. 




I have used :

Stencil : #113 - Lotza Squares by Autour de Mwa
Stamps:
#753 - Delight In Flora by Tracy Evans
#754 - Power Of The Word by Tracy Evans
#755 - Round Digits by Tracy Evans
#757 - Tickets by Tracy Evans
Washitape:
#8 - Fledgling by Tracy Evans
#24 - Power Words by Bipasha Bk

For more information about all the AALL & Create products including a worldwide stockist list please visit :


Thank you for stopping by today ! 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Corrie, I love this tag! What an unusual colour combination, totally gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous and I love the entire process! I think it's a great combo 😉 P. S Doni here😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tag, Corrie - love the contrast in the colour combination!

    ReplyDelete