Thursday 1 September 2022

The silence of the night

 Hello everyone, 

Welcome to my blog where today I am sharing a postcard that I made for the new Challenge over at Country View Challenges. The theme this month is 'Season of mists & mellow fruitfulness' and it was set by the lovely Debs. I have made a postcard:


Here's how I made it:


I made a gelli print with these inks. I smooshed them on the plate, rolled over them lightly with a brayer and printed. I did made a mask for the circle so I could stamp the moon in it. It would have been just as easy to just stamp the moon over the colour, so not use a mask.


Next I stamped the moon, using a few colours on top of each other, a yellow and a couple of greys. I then filled in the white with Distress Oxide ink and a waterbrush trying not to make the rest run. 


I tidied up the edges of the moon and then stamped the tree. 


Next I stamped the rabbit. 


I also added some highlights and then stamped the background with these Katzelkraft background stamps. 


Lastly I added some shading on the ground and a sentiment which came from a set of Tim Holtz Clippings. These are the Halloween ones.  




I hope you like the challenge and will play along with us! Just make sure to read the rules before you do. 
You will find them HERE

Thank you for stopping by today ! 




7 comments:

  1. Fabulous Corrie - I love the colours and such a wonderful tutorial too - love that moon stamp! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how we both chose Lavinia stamps to make a scene! Love how you added the Katzelkraft stamps in the background, immediately more edgy and less fantasy. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable scene with beautiful autumnal colours!!! Have a happy September!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Corrie, I love how you've added your shadows! Take care and have a very happy September, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love how you layered those Lavinia stamps together, the hare looks so gorgeous against the moon 😊. Apologies for my lateness in visiting, life's been a bit hectic so I'm just catching up now. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration and Happy September! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh goodness. This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful dear Corrie! I love the scene!
    Sorry for commenting that late.
    Hugs Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete