Tuesday 19 October 2021

Today is a new day

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to my blog where today I am sharing a journal spread that I made for AALL & Create. 


And here is how:


I put this stencil on my small gelli plate and dabbed paint through the holes. I started with pink at the top then orange, yellow and finally green. 


I then took the stencil off and let it dry. 


When it was dry I put a layer of light yellow and white paint over the top and printed the plate in my journal. 


I did this twice, turning the plate the other way on the second plate. 


Of course I thought is was too bright so I toned it down with white paint and a brayer. 


Next I added some stamping with pink and  black ink...


...and with all the same colours that were on the page. This gives a nice visual texture. 


Next, washi tape. For me the page was now finished and ready for the focal image. 


I used a blending tool and Distress Oxide ink to colour a piece of paper. I then stamped the big flower on it and on a separate piece of paper I stamped the sentiment. 


After I cut the flower out I added some shading with pencils. I glued it down on the page, cutting it into two pieces so the book closed comfortably. I also added the sentiment on the other page. 



I have used the following materials:

Stencil #132 - Flagstone Figures by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#531 - Textured Florals by Tracy Evans
#541 - Indulge in Daisies by Tracy Evans
#543 - Reckoner Digits by Tracy Evans

Washi:
#22 - Flowerdancing by Janet Klein
#2 - Inspire by Autour de Mwa

For more information about all the AALL & Create products  and a list of worldwide stockists, please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 



 

2 comments:

  1. Fabuleux ! j'adore, à chaque fois une magnifique découverte ! Biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so fresh and lovely, Corrie, and that sunflower has so much punch on your toned-down background! :D

    ReplyDelete