Tuesday 3 November 2020

Dwell in possibility

 Hi everyone, 

Welcome ! For today's AALL & Create post I have made an artjournal spread. I used some of the new stamps for this; I really think that this release is the best so far, but I think that every time ! 



Here's how:


To start with I painted the pages with Dina Wakley paints and a brush. I used Lemon, Lime, Turquoise and Peacock. Next I toned it all down with white paint an my brayer. I then took the Heapza Hexagons stencil and stencilled first with white paint randomly over the pages.. 


I repeated the stencilling with the Lime and Turquoise paints. 


After toning it down once more with white paint and my brayer I started stamping. I used the same-ish colours ink. I just use what I have; sometimes Versafine Clair, sometimes Distress Oxide inks. 


After test more toning down, I added black paint around the edges with a pallet knife. Next I added some pieces of washi tape and black and white splatters. I decided the background was done. 


Next I stamped my focal point and added a little colour to him. I used watercolour markers for this. I then cut him out. 


I added some more washi tape for the crow to sit on.


I glued him down and added a Tim Holtz word chip as a sentiment. I thought it was quite good in combination with the washi tape. 
I then called my pages done ! 



I hope you enjoyed my post ! Thank you for stopping by ! 

I have used the following stamps: 

#445 - Dashing Crow by Olga Heldwein
#434 - Newsprint Numbers by Olga Heldwein
#383 - Scripted Hexagons by Bipasha Bk
#400 - Numerator by Tracy Evans

Stencil:

#112 - Heapza Hexagons by Autour de Mwa

Washi tapes:

#3 - Ponder
#4 - Encrypt
#5 - Artsy 
all by Autour de Mwa






2 comments:

  1. Love the background layers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious spread, Corrie, and I LOVE the sentiment. It's especially right for these challenging times!

    ReplyDelete