Tuesday 3 March 2020

Joy and adventure

Hello everyone,

For today's AALL & Create Guest Design project I have made a mixed media book mark. I am an avid reader and I love a homemade book mark. They also make lovely presents for a friend that likes a book too.


Here's how:


I used a brayer in rolled over the green paint. When that was dry I rolled over with Turquoise and put this stencil over it which I then wiped through with a baby wipe creating this pattern. 


I used the same stencil and some modelling paste around the edges to add more interest. 


Next I stamped the images and sentiments I wanted to use. 


I coloured my focal image and cut out the words I wanted from the sentiments. I added some more words that I typed out on my old typewriter, so I could make the sentiment that I wanted. 



I added asome stamping...


As an afterthought I added some pink stamping too because of the pink flower around her eye. I also tore out the Chapter Twenty-One from an old book and added it towards the bottom of the book mark for her to stand on and lastly I added white splatters. 


She was adhered together with the home made sentiment. I matted the book mark on black card stock and added some ribbon. 



I have used the following AALL & Create products:

Stencil:
#89 - Dahlias by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#295 - Adventurer by Janet Klein
#296 - All good things by Janet Klein (just for the sentiment)
#309 - Pom pom flowers by Autour de Mwa
#313 - Reverse Dotz by Autour de Mwa

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products and a worldwide list of stockists please visit:

www.aallandcreate.com/boutique

Thank you so much for stopping by ! 


1 comment:

  1. Sweet bookmark, Corrie! An avid reader myself, I have an affinity for books and bookmarks. (We should trade reading lists and a bookmark, perhaps?) Wonderful make.

    ReplyDelete