Wednesday 11 September 2019

A mini book for AALL & Create

Hello everyone,

I have a mini book to share today. I had made one recently and really enjoyed it so I thought I'd make another one for AALL & Create. It might be small, just over 2" in total it was quite a labour of love to make this from scratch !


Here's how I made it :


I started with a gel press plate, acrylic paints and this stencil to create my background for the book. 


Next I cut the pages to size; 10 pieces measuring 2"x2" (they are called 'Twinchies') I also cut 5 pieces of black card stock to make the bases of the pages with. These are just a little larger than the Twinchies. The ring is going to be used as the binding to make the Twinchies into a little book.


The next step was to stamp the backgrounds. I used Distress Oxide inks in similar colours as the backgrounds and a little black. 


I then chose which images I was going to use from these stamp sets. The one on the right was just used for the backgrounds. 


After I stamped all the Twinchies, I coloured the images with coloured pencils. Some straight on the Twinchie, some I stamped again on white card stock, coloured and cut out. 


Next I added some modelling paste through this stencil. 


And this is how it eventually turned out. I glued all the Twinchies onto the black panels, front and back, punched a hole through all of them and put them onto the ring. I added som ribbons to make it look pretty ! 


Page 2 and 3


Page 4 and 5


Page 6 and 7


Page 8 and 9


Page 10 - also the back of the book. 

I have used the following stamps and stencils for this project:

Stamp set #153 - Botanicals by Bipasha Bk
Stamp set #197 - Scripted Botanicals by Bipasha Bk
Stamp set #207 - Botanicals Modified by Bipasha Bk
Stamps set #211 - Count on you - by Aida Domisiewicz 
Stencil #39 - Lotza Dots by Autour de Mwa
Stencil #80 - Lushy Leafy by Olga Heldwein 

For more information about all the fabulous AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Corrie! An absolute ton of work but each page is delightful and all together it's a lovely work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful twinchies - each one. Fantastic idea for a book.

    ReplyDelete