Wednesday 25 September 2019

Begin with small steps

Hello everyone,

It is time for another project for AALL & Create. I  bought a bag of lollypop sticks because I saw the lovely Samantha Read make some lovely projects with them. Today was the day to use them myself and I made a panel by gluing some of them together:


And here's how:


I started with gluing some sticks together, painting them with gesso and applying modelling paste with this stencil.


 Next step I painted it with a very light blue/turquoise acrylic paint. When this was dry I added some spray ink to the modelling paste to accentuate the texture and after this was dry I randomly stamped the rest of the panel. The back is the same by the way just no modelling paste. 


 Next I stamped one of the flowers from this set and the sentiment that I wanted to use. I didn't in the end and chose a different one. 


I coloured only the parts that I was going to use with my Copic markers using a few shades of orange, a red and some greens. 


I layered the different parts of the flower to get a little dimensional effect and glued it into the panel. Lastly I added the sentiment. 


Close up of the flower, you can't see the dimension really well. 


I think it turned out cute ! I hope Samantha thinks so too ! lol

I used the following stamps:

# 195 - Flowers and Gears by Olga Heldwein
#211 - Count on you by Aida Domisiewicz 
#200 - Hope by Tracy Evans
Stencil no: #28 by Autour de Mwa

More information about all the fabulous products from AALL & Create:

www.aallandcreate.com/boutique

Thank you for stopping by today ! 






4 comments:

  1. hallo prachtige inspiratie, ben ook meteen volgster van je blog geworden, als je wilt kan je mij ook gaan volgen, groetjes Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful fence. I made such fences with my kids an altered it with napkins many years ago. thanks for remembering.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous artwork. I love your style so much!

    ReplyDelete