Wednesday 27 March 2019

There is beauty in simplicity

Hello everyone,

For today's AALL & Create post I have made a card. I wondered whether Tracy's fabulous Blossomed Numbers stamp would work on Tim Holtz' Worn Wallpaper so I tried and here is the result:


And here's how :


I started with cutting a piece of the Worn Wallpaper to the size of a card front. I then used a brayer and white acrylic paint to tone down the pattern. You can still see it though; just how I like it. When I was happy I used this stencil #63 and some pale blue paint to add some interest, I toned that down again too in the same way.


Next I stamped some parts of this fabulous stamp by Tracy Evans on the card, using Distress Oxide in Tumbled glass and Archival ink in Jet Black.  


Next I stamped one of the flowers and coloured it with watercolours and a water brush.


I also splattered it with this white paint pen, I did the same to the card front. 



I added doodling around the edges and added the cut out flower to the card front. A Small talk sticker and a word from the stamp finished it off. 




I have used the following stamp and stencil:

#109 - Blossomed Numbers
#63 - Wood Pile

For more information about all the AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Corrie- love the way the flower pops on the deliciously subdued background. The best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Beautiful done.

    ReplyDelete