Monday 1 May 2017

Attitude is everything !

Hello everyone,

It is the 1st of May today and that means I have a project over at Roc's blog. I have made a postcard today but it is a little different to my normal stuff..


Sometimes I like to try different techniques. I have used paper piecing before but it was a long time ago so I decided it was time to do it again and it was great fun ! 
I used a 6" x 6" paperback by 7Dots Studio called 'Writer's block'. 
I used a stencil on the background to create the blue trellis. I used a normal pencil and the same stencil to add a light lines around the blue figures to make them stand out more. 
I stamped horse on a different pattern paper from the same series and did the same with the hat and eyes. I painted the pupils of his eyes with the same blue paint. I also added some shading to the horse and the hat with Copic Markers. When I was happy with the result I glued it all together on the card after adding some washi tape. 
Lastly I stamped the Heart Vine and coloured in the stems and hearts with Copic Markers. 
The sentiment is a small talk sticker by Tim Holtz. 

I used the following stamps:

You will find all Roc's fantastic rubber stamps HERE

Thank you for stopping by today ! 


1 comment:

  1. I always love to see you use this stamp. Love the stencilling and colouring . Lovely piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete