Tuesday 7 December 2021

There's no place like home!

 Hello everyone, 

For today's AALL & Create post I have made a mini book that is rolled up around a card board cilinder. I have used Janet Klein's Wizard of Oz stamps to make this. 


Here's how I made this:


I tore two pieces of 12 x 12 design paper by Stamperia into strips and glued them together to make on longer strip. I then added white paint with a brayer to tone down the print. Once that was dry I added stencilling with yellow paint to create 'the yellow brick road'. I also added some numbers for more interest. 


Next I added random stamping and I sewed around the edges with my sewing machine. 


Here's the whole thing. 


Next I stamped my characters and sentiments....



and coloured them with Copic Markers. I cut them all out and ...


glued them onto my paper. 




I used a piece of cardboard cilinder from a pack of clingfilm to roll it around.
I added a piece of paper at the left end which I glued to the cardboard.
I also added a piece of ribbon on the right end to be able to keep it closed. 




I have used the following materials:

Stencil:
#132 - Flagstone Figures by Autour de Mwa

Stamps:
#495 - + or x by Janet Klein
#338 - Background Noise by Janet Klein
#501 - Dorothy & Toto by Janet Klein
#503 - Tin Man & Monkey by Janet Klein
#505 - Scarcrow & Lion by Janet Klein

For more information about all the AALL & Create products please visit:


Thank you for stopping by today ! 


4 comments:

  1. Adorable booklet! I love the idea of a rolled minibook and will keep it in mind for one of my next projects. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved it! I need to tell you that I rarely.. rarely... read a Blog... I am just not a blog person.. but when I saw your photo on Facebook I knew I had to come over here and see how you made this adorable piece. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifique c'est une idée originale et excellente ! biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just pure delight, Corrie - I love the idea of a rolled book and your wonderful additions to the paper make it a road I'd LOVE to travel. Well done, you brilliant lady!

    ReplyDelete