Wednesday 21 August 2019

Vintage journal

Hello everyone,

For today's AALL & Create post I have made a small journal. I recently acquired the Eileen Hull Passport die and decided to use it for this book. I added a heart, also a die cut, and some beads. Of course there are lots of AALL & Create stamps and a stencil too ! I decided to glue the covers on the front of the flap that forms the spine and not on the back. This way it is easier to decorate.



And here's how:


After die cutting the book, gluing it together and punching more holes in the middle ( I wanted to do a pamphlet stitch ) I painted it with a very light blue acrylic paint. I then overpainted with white and put the number stencil on. I wiped away the paint through the stencil with a baby wipe and some more after taking the stencil off. This gives a nice worn look. 


Next I stamped the cover in some places with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with copper embossing powder. I also stamped with light blue Distress Oxide ink and heat embossed with clear powder. 


A detail of the copper embossing. 


Next I inked the edges and decided to go vintage ! I used Olga's 'Vintage assorted' set to stamp some more. 


I added splatters with a black and a white paint pen. The heart is a Tim Holtz die and I treated it with crackle paint and the same blue ink as the cover. I added the two birds from the stamp set. Looks like they are in love, doesn't it!  I also inked the folds to make it look old. I also added one of the birds on the back of the journal. 



Close ups.. 




Love how it turned out ! 



For the final touch I added three signatures of paper and bound them with a pamphlet stitch. I then added beads to the threads. 






I have used the following stamps and stencil:

#67 - Vintage Assorted by Olga Heldwein
#211 - Count on you by Aida Domisiewicz

#30 Number stencil by Autour de Mwa

For more information about all the lovely AALL & Create products please visit :


Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, loving the pale blue/grey shade too and the heart looks fabulous ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete