Monday 9 October 2017

The year's last, loveliest smile

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my second inspiration post for the latest Challenge over at Country View Challenges. As you might know the lovely Rachel set the challenge and she wants us to make a Mixed Media piece with Autumnal Hues. We would love it if you played along with us ! Just make sure to read the rules HERE first.

I have made a tag :



and here's how:


I cut a tag from watercolour paper and applied some modelling paste through a stencil...


This is how that looks. 


Next I coloured the tag with Distress Oxide inks. I used the method where you smoosh it onto your craft sheet, spritz with water and dunk your paper in it... repeat until you are happy... 


I used a couple of stamps from these sets for the background... 


I used the same inks as I used in the background.


The leaves were inked with different colours at the same time, spritzed with water and stamped. I then doodled around them with a black pen. The rest of the stamping was done with single colours without water. 


I dug out this older Dina Wakley set because I wanted to use a bird and this bird is one of my favourites.. I coloured him with watercolours but wasn't happy with the result so I added some coloured pencil over the top and used Gamsol to blend it out. 


Here's the finished tag again ! I added a sentiment that I found on the internet. I typed it on my old typewriter and cut it into strips before adhering it. Lastly I doodled around the edge of the tag and around the word strips. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


10 comments:

  1. This is amazing Corrie, I love everything about it, beautiful background, and this Dina bird is my favourite too. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is so beautiful and so lyrical like autumn!!! I love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heel mooi label heb je gemaakt Corrie!! Ik voel me nu helemaal in de herfst en moet dringend ook beginnen aan mijn herfst collectie!!

    Groetjes
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prachtig gemaakt, en die vogel is zo mooi, ook mijn favoriet, leuk hoe je die blaadjes hebt gestempeld.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the "smoosh" technique and you have used it brilliantly here for your fall background! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag! I enjoyed seeing how you made it and the Oxides background looks wonderful 😁. The robin is my favourite though, I adore the stamp set and how you coloured him - perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a great day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fall tag, Corrie! The colors on it just scream FALL, and your leaves are gorgeous! This is truly a favorite for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours, love the stamps! Brilliant tag Corrie. xx

    ReplyDelete