Monday 1 May 2023

The journey is the destination

 Hello everyone, 

Another new month, another new challenge over at Country View Challenges. The theme this month was chosen by Monika and it is 'Vehicles'. We would love for you to play along with us but before you do, please read the rules on the CVC blog.

For this first project I have made a journal spread. 


Here's how I made it:


I wanted to work in my journal so first thing I did was stamp the 'vehicle', a car in this case and a little stamp from the same set on the left top corner. Just for the fun of it. These stamps are by PaperArtsy.


I then used white paint to cover the pages; I wanted the next layers to move and not go directly into the paper. I also coloured the car with watercolour markers and coloured pencils. 


I used Acrylic paints to colour the pages. I put it on and wiped it off. This only works when you have paint underneath. i wanted a very light and 'cloudy' effect. 


I then used my trusty brayer and toned it all down with white paint. 


Next, stamping; my favourite bit. I used inks in the same-ish colours and added grey and black. 


I still was not happy and added some stencilling using white ink but it didn't show up much and it takes forever to dry so I sprinkled white embossing powder over it and heat embossed. It's nice and white and shiny now... and dry ! 


Some small talk stickers by Tim and some black splatters finished these pages off. 

I hope this inspired you to take part in the challenge ! You could win a £20 voucher for the shop. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! I will be back soon with more inspiration.




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and excellent tutorial. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what gorgeous pages! I love the car stamp that you used and how you added the background around it, such fun 😊. Wishing you a Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours...and the car. I have this particular set too in fact! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great journal pages, Corrie! That car looks awesome! And I love the whole design! Have a happy May! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great spread, Corrie, and I lovethe stepby step!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really fab Corrie, and thanks so much for the step by step. Take care and have a very happy May, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab pages, Corrie! I really love the colours and the white emossed stencilled parts.
    Have a happy May!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete