Thursday 4 June 2015

..two days slow...

Hello everyone,

I have an art journal for VivaLasVegaStamps! to share with you today.  First here is the finished article, then sit back, get a drink and enjoy the tutorial... I have to apologise as I used my favourite colour combination yet again !  I love the green and the turquoise together....


Here's how I made it:


First I got out a piece of Mixed Media Paper and put a layer of gesso on it. 


Next I gave it some colour using Lindys Stampgang sprays. I used two flat Fabios, 'Merry go round Green' and 'Sea Breeze blue' and one Starburst spray 'Tibetan Poppy Teal'. 


Keep on spraying, painting and dripping until you are happy with the result. 


Next I used some model paste and a stencil to add some texture. 



Then the fun starts with stamping the background. I used a variety of inks: Black Archival, Distress Inks and Memento. There is a full list of stamps I used and their links to VLVS! website is at the bottom of this post. 



Next I stamped the main images I was going to use with Memento Ink as I was going to colour them with Copic Markers. 


Here's how they look all stamped, coloured, cut out and clear embossed. 


I then adhered them to my prepared page. Alice was adhered on some washi tape to ground here. I used a few bit of the same tape around the page for more interest. 



The last thing I did was type the sentiment, which is a quote from Alice in Wonderland, on my old trusty typewriter. I cut it out, adhered it to the page and doodled around the srtips with a black pen. 
That finished my Art Journal page. 

I used the following stamps:



Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

Corrie x 


6 comments:

  1. Ik vind hem erg leuk. Bedankt voor de uitleg! Grtjs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leuk om weer eens te zien hoe je zo'n page opbouwt! En weer een mooie! Die Alice stempel is een gave... Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. prachtig en wat een schitterende kleuren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je hebt zo te zien heerlijk gespeeld...prachtige achtergrond Corrie...en de stempels en quote...super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you've done a great job with those Lindy's sprays xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete