Thursday 24 October 2013

Life is a party

Hello fellow Crafters,

Also today I made a tag for this week's Stampotique Designer's Challenge. The theme was 'Lace or Fabric' and was set by the very talented France Papillon.
This is what she said :

When stuck while making a project, it's often adding texture that gets me rolling again. But lace or fabric is often the last thing i think about when searching for texture. So, I thought it would be fun to have all of you lovely peeps make art using fabric or lace. And all those fab creations would make one awesome inspiration board!

So I used both and it looks like this :

 
I used a #8 Manilla tag and painted it with pink Distress Paint. After that dried I used a blending tool and put some Picked Raspberry ink over the top to make it a bit more vibrant. I did some background stamping with grey and black and then decided to stamp the rings with Versamark and emboss them with silver embossingpowder. It doesn't really show on the photo unfortunately. I used Mela and she decided she wanted a new dress if she had to go on this tag. So I made her a dress from green polkadot fabric and made the  skirt from a bit of lace. The diamant necklace and the Rose corsage finish off the dress nicely. She was very pleased !! For the rest of Mela, I stamped her on white paper and coloured and clear embossed her as usual and then put the dress on her. She was placed on pink polkadot washi tape which I also used to put the sentiment on. Lastly I mounted the tag on dark grey cardstock and put a bit of ribbon and lace through the hole.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Hope you like it......

13 comments:

  1. Looks like we both had the same idea, great tag Corrie.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks fabulous! I love her new outfit and her background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mela looks absolutely ravishing, Corrie! I love how you made her top and skirt! Most of us use washi tape or something similar to "ground" our images, but, likewise, most don't coordinate that with "frames" for our quotes or journaling. You get extra points for being clever here! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mela looks very happy with her new outfit! The colour really pops against the gorgeous pink background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her skirt - I want one! with the tights of course...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Corrie. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Especially her lace skirt and that fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. een prachtige jurk,heel mooi gedaan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Could that little lace skirt be any cuter? I don't think so!

    Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. erg leuk Corrie, ja wat kun je toch heerlijk spelen met deze stempels:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for the delay Corrie... I LOVE your tag and how you dressed your girl, wow, fab work as I told you on FB !!! Hugs, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic use of the fabric and lace!!! wait, why didn't i think of that?? ;)))
    thanks for playing along with the Stampotique Designer challenge :)))
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwwh this is the sweetest thing I have seen. Thank you for sharing with us at Stampotique.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete