Saturday 5 October 2013

ATC featuring Mela

Hello fellow Crafters,

This is the first of three post for today. Yep, I have been in my craftroom all day. Bliss......
I like making ATC's so here's another one :



This was a white ATC of which I rounded the corners and then stamped a swirly image (Tim Holtz) on it with Versamark. I then went over this with Pan Pastels which revealed the image. The edges were distressed with Distress ink in Broken China and black Archival Ink. I also used a background stamp from Paperartsy with black Archival ink.
 I put a drop of Versamark Ink on my finger (from the reinker bottle) and dragged it from top to bottom a few times and silver embossed it. I then put some rub ons on. I stamped Stampotique's Mela on white paper and coloured her with watercolour pencils, clear embossed her and cut her out. I then glued her on the ATC and cut off what didn't fit.
Thanks for stopping by !
Hope you like it.....

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, the images we want to use are just too big for our substrate, and we need to do a bit of surgery to make them fit. I was not familiar with Mela, so had to look at the full image to see what was missing on your ATC. Quite a bit, it turns out, but I would never have know because the image--as you have used it--appears quite natural. Also love that "finger" embossing technique! This is a winner on so many levels!!

    ReplyDelete